The BPSS can:
- agree instalment arrangements if you’re unable to pay your tax on time following the Carillion collapse
- suspend any debt collection proceedings
- review penalties for missing statutory deadlines
- reduce any payments on account
- agree to defer payments due to short-term cash flow difficulties
HMRC can also provide workers and their families with cash support through the tax credits system – details are on our website. Most importantly, if you’re worried about paying your tax, please talk to us because we’re here to help.
- Our dedicated BPSS is available to any business struggling to make their tax payments as a result of economic conditions.
- The service is open 7 days a week between 8am and 8pm on weekdays, closing at 4pm on Saturday and Sunday: 0300 200 3835.
- For more information on the support available, please see the BPSS webpages.